The .NET Application Developer’s role is to build the organization’s applications and keep them running smoothly. The developer will take an active role in designing, developing, and implementing new applications and new technologies. This will include integrating sites with back-end applications, creating new products, testing, debugging, and performing day-to-day support. The individual should also have the ability to work within a team environment, work with project leads, web designers, and management to create web applications and web products.
• In a team environment, participate in application design strategy
• Develop clean, well-structured re-useable code and optimized application from requirements provided
• Install, test, debug, support, and document applications using appropriate tools
• Ensure application quality and consistency
• Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing applications as needed
• Integrate third party solutions when necessary
• Keep leads accurately and completely informed of task status on a timely basis
• When requested, identify and evaluate industry best practice solutions for use in the technical environment
• Provide mentoring to other team members as needed
• Provide suggestions for process improvements when necessary
• Experience with Ecommerce is a plus
• Familiar with standard software development concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Hands-on software troubleshooting experience required.
• Ability to multi task and shift priorities based on business needs is a must.
• Must be able to work under pressure and time constraints.
• Must be flexible to work additional hours when needed.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to conduct and direct research into technology issues and products as required
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly, user-friendly, and technical languages
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Highly logical with proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Diploma or university degree in related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years of work experience with VB.NET or C# .NET – Object Oriented development
• Sitting of extended periods of time
• Extensive typing
• Light lifting
• Salary (based on experience)
• Benefits package