Production Operations Administrator
The objectives of the Production Operations Administrator are to manage, monitor and maintain assigned systems and applications, as well as to ensure availability and performance complies with Service Level Agreements. The Production Operations Administrator is also responsible for overseeing both the tactical and strategic operations of 50 Below’s internal production Environment as well as the systems hosted with 3rd Party vendors.
Essential Job Functions
• Engineering, installation, configuration, maintenance and support for hardware, operating systems and applications associated with the Microsoft/SQL/VMware/Hyper-V/web hosted applications environment.
• Take on primary responsibility for hosting of 50 Below’s product line similar to an IT function within an organization.
• Become Subject Matter Expert on assigned 50 Below software products that are hosted for external clients.
• Customer relationship management; ability to understand a customer’s business and how application hosting contributes to the delivery of that product or service
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, both verbally and in writing.
• Build servers and infrastructure components as required
• Maintain documentation on physical and logical layout and assets of the technical architectures and train co-workers as needed to maximize availability and reliability.
• Work closely with multiple internal departments and third party vendors, as well as provide detailed status reports on assigned projects and ongoing support for assigned systems and applications.
• Participate in an on-call rotation and rotating shift schedule.
• Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Implement changes into production environments to support change management and release scheduling
• Ensure performance of systems meet expected Service Level Agreements
• Lead and coordinate efforts during a production outage, and work with other internal teams on root cause analysis and resolution.
Knowledge & Experience
• 3-5 years of experience managing a Microsoft Windows server network consisting of the following:
o Windows 2003, 2008, and 2008r2
o Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2008r2 clusters
o SharePoint, Exchange, System Center, IIS, Hyper-V, Active Directory, PowerShell
• VMware ESX
• Working knowledge of Unix or Linux type systems preferred.
• Cisco and Sonicwall networking platforms
• B.S. Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Informatics, or computer-related field is preferred.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
• Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• High school diploma required
• Degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or business administration
• 2+ years related work experience.
• Must be certified or be able to obtain certification as a Microsoft Certified Enterprise Administrator within 1 year of hire.
• 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability.
• Some travel may be required.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, battery backup units and peripherals.
• Based on experience
• Benefits package